The full moon in earthy Taurus this Saturday the 4th of November returns us to a more grounded place and marks the first of a trilogy of full Super Moons which continue this December and January 2018. As this is the first full moon of the Witches New Year, Luna gives our actions and choices a little extra magic. This Taurus moon assists us giving extra power to our manifesting towards our desires and goals. The energy helps us find what is really needed to make things actually start happening.
Naturally, the astrological sign of Taurus has us craving security in every aspect of life. Because this earth sign is primarily concerned with growth, development, manifesting and becoming more secure in the material world, if appropriately harnessed, it will function to provide us a safe, nurturing environment in which new life and newly created efforts can prosper. The dependable Bull can also charge forth when he sees red, so if you’ve got your sights set on a goal, this might be the time that you go after it!
Here is a Taurus full moon ritual idea for letting go of that which no longer serves you.
Full Moon Release Ritual Items you’ll need: Floating Candles, a large bowl, water, lighter and a pen.
1. Create a sacred space with candles, sage smudging, and setting up altars with powerful totems. For some rituals, I'll use a carnelian ring that a friend gave me, to represent serenity, strength, courage and wisdom .
2. If you can, stand or sit under the full Moon. The window works too! Allow yourself to feel a direct relationship with her, as a child of the stars, living waters of the Earth and within your own body.
3. Perform a grounding exercise to bring your mind away from the chatter of the day and into your own sacred ritual space. Feel mother earth under your feet and shake out the tension in the body.
4. Place the large water filled bowl in front of you, or in the middle of your altar.
5. Each person writes what they're releasing on the floating candle. It's not important that it shows up, just that the intention is there.
6. As you place the candle into the bowl, declare what you're releasing.
7. Light your candle.
8. Allow yourself to feel the transfer of what you're releasing to the candle, as you focus on letting go into the water.
Allow the candle to keep burning in the bowl as a symbol of this letting go process. The flame is a purifier, and symbolises that divine spark of inspiration. If you blow out your floating candle, and your bowl is in your home, relighting it will remind you of your commitment. Remember to place inspiring pictures and totems around it that remind you of who you're becoming.
Above all, give yourself love and thanks for honouring your own self-growth.
And So It Is. Xo